Solid Surface Countertop Maintenance:
Congratulations on your purchase of a Pinnacle solid surface countertop. You have purchased one of the finest solid surface products. With proper care & maintenance your counters will look like new for many years to come.
Though Pinnacle solid surface products are extremely tough and durable, like any other fine material, it can be damaged if abused or mistreated. Reviewing the following information and cleaning instructions will assist you in understanding how easy it is to care for your new Pinnacle solid surface product and prevent severe damage that may require special repairs.
• Wipe surface with a damp cloth or sponge.
• Basic stains: Clean with detergents or general-purpose cleaners.
• Periodically go over the entire surface with an abrasive cleanser like Soft Scrub™ or a wet, gray colored, Scotch Brite™ pad to maintain a uniform appearance.
• To remove persistent stains, cigarette burns, or scratches: Scrub with an abrasive cleanser like Soft Scrub™ and a wet, gray colored, Scotch Brite™ pad.
Simple Steps To Avoid Damage:
• Avoid cutting on the product – use a cutting board
• It is not recommended to place hot pans directly on the product. Even though the product can withstand temperatures up to 350 F, prolonged or extreme heat can cause yellowing. Ask your fabricator for a trivet sized piece of Pinnacle solid surface for your use.
• For additional assurance and protection, use a trivet under any heat producing appliance, such as fryers, crock-pots, and coffee pots. Some appliances produce extreme heat that can damage your countertop.
• Strong acids, such as those found in drain cleaners should be wiped up at once. Some of these items, when left on the surface, may cause whitening, which can be difficult to remove.
What to Do For Deep Scratches:
• Carefully sanding with 120-grit sandpaper, followed by 220-grit and finishing with 320-grit sandpaper can remove deep scratches or cuts.
• Complete repair by rubbing the surface with a wet, gray colored, Scotch Brite™ pad in a circular motion to restore the matte finish.
IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT CAUSING SEVERE DAMAGE TO YOUR PINNACLE SOLID SURFACE PRODUCT – CONTACT THE ORIGINAL INSTALLER TO DETERMINE THE REPAIR NECESSARY. THE EASE OF REPAIR TO THIS MATERIAL IS ONE OF ITS BEST ASSETS.